We are facing high vibration an axial Flow Morris Type 54” MPAF pump which is designed for re-circulation of Caustic Liquid. This is an overhung design pump with no bearing support on the Non drive end side and pump is directly installed to elbow of a large pipe.
Following are the specifications of equipment
Flow: 20,000 m3/ hr.
Driver: 1185rpm, 530 kW Motor
Driven through a Gear box and universal coupling
- Highest Vibration at P1H (Pump Inboard Horizontal) of 0.5-0.6 IPS. Which keeps on fluctuating. Overall trend rose after the replacement of complete pump with an overhauled pump in June-2015
- Biggest Peak is at 10.95 Hz (2.717 x) which is around 0.25 IPS.
- In P-P Mils spectrum another peak is around 2.001 Hz (0.497x) which is very close to FTF of Taper Roller bearing.
- P1H Peakvue doesn’t show any abnormality.
Please have a look at the attached data and provide your feedback.
- Whether it’s a bearing related. What type of issue? Why it’s not being shown in Peakvue.
- Structural resonance as pump has no independent support and is directly bolted to the flange @ elbow of pipe.
- Whether universal joints in the coupling can cause this issue.