The incumbent will be accountable for maintaining the highest level of service of approximately 200 miles of Sewer system of various pipe sizes and types. Incumbent will develop processes and best practices for optimized Inspection, Cleaning and Repair planning in order to minimize the occurrence of Sanitary Sewer Overflows and blockages and meet established performance metrics. Incumbent will ensure field crew performance, and provide resources necessary for problem resolution. Incumbent will take leadership in the planning and implementation of collection system capital improvements. Oversee the production of accurate and timely regulatory and contractual reporting.
Maintain established systems including Cloud based GIS and modern Work Order Management, mobile tools, innovative inspection techniques, GPS positioning system, Network of Sewer level sensors etc. …. Incumbent will catapult the Department to the next level of Maintenance and Capital Expenditure Optimization. Incumbent will move towards innovative solutions to become Smart Utility and Best in class Asset Management.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
Human Resources Management
- Supervises, recruits, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, initially managing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals
- Responsible for minimizing Sanitary system overflows and Blockages
- Supervises day-to-day operation of the collection system department
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and performance of wastewater collection system including systematic cleaning and televising
- Responsible for directing system maintenance and repair activities, in support to experienced field supervisors.
- Reports serious or potentially hazardous malfunctions or conditions to Project Manager.
- Select, interface with vendors and contractors
- Assists Project Manager with annual budget preparation, and monthly forecasts
- Participates in the “Emergency On Call” rotation.
EHS, Reporting and Contract Compliance
- Oversees and assists in maintenance of Work Order Management, CityWorks and GIS System and in preparation of reports
- Follows regulatory and contractual requirements to ensure compliance
- Commitment to health, safety and protection of environment. The incumbent supports Suez’s commitment to safety by complying with the programs regarding health, safety and protection of the environment. The incumbent demonstrates safe work practices, takes part in safety meetings, and advises the Director of Operation of any non-conforming conditions.
Process Improvement and Projects Toward Smart Utility
- Ensure integrity of data in both GIS and work order management system. Improve and Enforce data management SOP’s.
- Oversight of implementation of “Smart Cover” technology at 6 locations in collection system.
- Identifies and implements work process improvements
- Makes recommendations to Project Manager for operational improvements
- Develops standard operating procedures, safety procedures, preventive maintenance procedures, emergency response procedures
- Develop Innovations (real time sewer level monitoring, automated geo-centric maintenance Planning decision Support System, test and implement inspections techniques…)
Performs other projects/tasks/duties as assigned
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision as well as the ability to distinguish color and shades.
This position is based in an office within a wastewater treatment plant complex but will required extensive field work and supervision. Work is performed both inside and outside with exposure to all kinds of weather conditions. Incumbent may be exposed to some noise, silica, dust, fumes, smoke, gases, greases, oils, electrical energy, solvents, and vibrations. Incumbent may work on slippery/uneven surfaces, around machinery with moving parts, moving objects/vehicles, and ladder/scaffolding, below ground and may be exposed to water and other liquid materials.
- Direct reports: Manages a team of approximately 4 professional and field staff.
- Financial: Participates in development of budgets and responsible for Achieving Budget for Assigned Area of responsibility
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Valid CDL driver’s License required
- NAASCO PACP and MACP certification required
Work Experience Needed:
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience at a large utility
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with CityWorks, GIS and Work Order Systems
- Experience with CCTV camera systems and IT Pipes software
- Experience with Vactor 2100 Combination Jet/Vac equipment
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Ability to effectively supervise administrative, skilled and unskilled employees
- Ability to work harmoniously and tactfully with other departments
- Ability to maintain accurate records and submit accurate reports
- Assist in employee selection, training, supervision and evaluation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience and knowledge of gravity sewer and force main piping systems and maintenance (Inspection, cleaning and repairs) is mandatory
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours to accommodate Company needs
- In addition, the incumbent must demonstrate knowledge in the following:
- Knowledge of occupational hazards connected with wastewater collection system operations and related activities and of necessary safety precautions
- Experience in customer service and dealing with customers directly with professionalism.
- English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar. Bi-Lingual oral skills in Spanish.
For consideration for the role, please submit your resume to the job posting at SUEZ Careers: https://hris-suez.csod.com/ats...?id=17527&site=8